Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chapter 3: Don't Leave (Part 1)

Warning: Lengthy! 


As Marcus approached his missing brothers' house to check on the girls, sitting on the bench in front of the house was none other than, Erin Vincent. It's not that Marcus didn't like the girl, he just found it awkward talking to her after the whole twin ordeal that went down at his old penthouse in Bridgeport. "Why, look at what the cat dragged in, Marcus Alejandro Lockewood. How you been sugga?" It was that southern drawl of hers (and loneliness) that got him hooked the first time and into trouble but Marcus was determined to get straight to the point, "Where's Eliana and Helen? Are they inside?"

"Hm, I see you still haven't changed a bit. Helen's taking a nap and Elle went out for a run; she asked me to watch the girl during my ''visit''." Erin sighed impatiently, Marcus could tell she just wanted this final job to be over so she could get the hell out of this boring town.

"I'll take it from here, knowing Ellie she'd probably lose track of time and be a little late. I'll call you when it's time." Erin winked at Marcus as she got up off the bench and sauntered off to her car. 

"It's a date!" Rolling his eyes, Marcus went inside to go check on the still sleeping Helen and came back out on the porch once he was assured the little girl was alright. Playing back the words Vivian said to him earlier. What did she mean? Helen never lost a father? Was she implying Lucan might not be dead? Or was Helen - "No, that's not possible. Ellie would've told me." He whispered as he felt himself sliding down the wall. Before he knew it, he was replaying that summer in Monte Vista five years ago. 

 It was our first time in Monte Vista, Viv and I, but not Lucan's; he dragged us down there, saying that there was something he had to do and he wanted us close. What his reasons were for being in Vista and bringing us with him was unknown, we never questioned his judgment, we did as we were told. 
But all that changed when she walked in, swaying her hips and the clicking of her heels echoing down the halls. Lucan was expecting her, never told us the details except that she was our contact in Monte Vista; most likely to make sure we wouldn't get into trouble with The Hounds, Gregorio's soldiers. 
 "So...when's she comin'?" We had already been there for three days and still no show from our contact. It was bad enough Father didn't know we had left and Vivian and I were missing school. So much for a vacation. 
 "If you stopped moping around, you would have noticed that she's already here." Lucan took another hit from his joint. The room smelled of weed but the original antique smell of the room still lingered. That's when I saw her, standing there in the doorway. 
"Mr. Lucan Lockewood, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Eliana Johnston" His brother didn't even look her way, just sat there smoking the last of his joint. She smiled my way and walked over to the chair across from Lucan.
I couldn't help but stare, she was beautiful. Kinda exotic and different from the women in Bridgeport, it wasn't just her looks that caught my attention but the way she carried herself, as though she didn't give two fucks who we were and that seductive vibe that she gave off. 

"You're late, by three days. Not that I give two fucks if you come or not, but you gave me your word that you would be here. So, I hope there's something worth coming here that you want to tell me. If not, then get the fuck out because I don't have time for bullshit." The girl was quiet as a mouse, unsure if my brother was done or not. I guess it was safe for her to assume he was. 


Staring right into my brother's eye, challenging him, she surprised us all. "Mr. Lockewood, I don't know how they do it in Bridgeport but this town that you're currently in, my town, is no longer in your jurisdiction. Monte Vista is Cruz territory, meaning if you want to get rid of me as your contact here, go right ahead but there will be no one else to step up and replace me, no one. You, sir, are a foreigner here. You're tattoos are not the only thing that screams Lockewood, without me you all would've been dead by now. So I suggest you sit back, shut your mouth, and let me do my job by making sure Gregorio's men aren't hunting you down. Do we have an understanding?" 

Lucan was silent by then, only staring at the petite woman sitting across from him. Normally, Lucan would've killed or beaten someone that talked to him they way she did, half to dead but he just sat there. Quiet, as if calculating what to do or say next. "Go." Was the only word he uttered. 



Still heated from the cold encounter with my brother she got up from the chair and walked out but not before saying, "Gladly." It was something about her that attracted me to her, I had to be with her. I guess you could say it was something magnetic. She was a hell of a woman. 
I had to go after her, I'd probably never see her again if I let her leave nor will I ever meet a girl like her. "She's trouble, man. That's all I got to say, I won't try to stop you 'cause you're just gonna go against my judgement anyways but don't call me to clean up another one of your messes again. Am I clear Marcus?"


 "Crystal." Time was running out and I didn't have enough of it to stop and wait for him to lecture me.



Luckily, I found her still waiting for her ride outside. The summer air had turned chilly and she looked miserable standing alone in that tight dress, that hugged her curves. Damn, she was beautiful, feisty, but beautiful. "Hey, Eliana. I'm sorry about what happened in there, my brother has been pretty stressed out lately." Turning around, she gave me a warm smile. We talked for awhile and she agreed to go out to dinner with me that night. Her ride came not too long after. However, I knew I was in for it as soon as I stepped over that threshold. 

"Come here." I was ready for my lecture of the week, I honestly didn't care if I got yelled at or hit. Nothing could stop these feelings welling up inside of me. I got the girl and that's all that mattered. "You know you can't be with her unless you're sure she's the one, not even then can you trust her. Marcus, we do things that could put our lives, our family's lives, and the people we care about in jeopardy and there are those who would dare to hurt us. Trust no one, because one day you'll be lying in bed with her and the next she'll have a knife to your throat or a swat team surrounding you." 
"Uhm, is this a bad time?" Vivian looked anxious, as if something was wrong. She had been standing there during my lecture, waiting for the right moment to butt in, this time I was glad she did however Lucan wasn't pleased.
"
What do you want Annie?" Breathing in sharply, she told us that Gregorio's brother Lincoln was there looking for Lucan and that with him, were The Hounds. Lucan got up and left without a hint as to what was going on or where he was going, just that he'll be back.
"Marky, what's going on?" She was worried, for the first time I realized that she actually cared for us. Just that look in her eyes, maybe it was a trick to fool me into telling her everything but I knew nothing. Could it be that our fathers' little monster had a heart? 

To be continued...






10 comments:

  1. Aww you left me hanging...I want to find out what happened back then. I don't trust Vivian she is coy...I am still wondering what happened to Lucan and if he's alive or not. Liking this story very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm sorry! This chapter was just too long, so I cut it into two chapters. As for Lucan, we shall
      see ^_^ Thanks for reading ksmomma!

      Delete
  2. wow so a bit on how they met and Lucan didn't even like her yet he ended up married to her. Knowing that Marcus liked the girl. That sounds like a complicated mess. :( And he doesn't know he's the little girl's father? So their affair continued after she was married to his brother or the other way around? Let me stop now or I'll confuse myself.

    Either way breaking the news to her is going to be hard and I still don't know why she's being kicked out of the house? Why is Erin there to help move them to a safe house? Too many questions!!!!!!!

    Could it be that our fathers' little monster had a heart?---ha I'm not sure on that one. Viv doesn't look like she can be trusted at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Jazen I love your questions and predictions! In Chapter 3.5 (another sorta long chapter), a lot of your questions might be answered as to the affair between Marcus and Ellie, how Lucan and her got married despite their cold encounter in this chapter, why Ellie and Helen have to leave, and another character will be brought into the spotlight as well.

      Nothing is as it seems in this family *dun dun duuuun* lol Thanks for reading Jazen:)

      Delete
  3. I'm just going to pop in and say that I like Vivian! Hey it's a crime story right? Say hello to the bad guy! I'm interested to see where this one goes, not a lot of sim stories with this theme (or they just do a good job of hiding from me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Aeon! Viv is definitely feeling the love from you guys^_^

      And yup! Rise is a crime-drama that will contain more crime and baddies pretty soon in the upcoming chapters:)

      Thanks again for reading!

      Delete
  4. I understand marrying for familial connections and not out of love but if Lucan knew how his brother felt about Eliana he should have never agreed to wed her. He should have also assumed those feelings would not die so easily and the two might fool around behind his back if they ever had the chance. It's bad for Marcus and I feel sorry for him but I do understand the family needed the marriage to happen to keep a peace between them.

    LOL @ "Daddy's little monster". I like that nickname, suiting. And it would be interesting if she just took Lucan's advice to heart. Act tough but look after the family. Still I can't help but have my suspicions that she had something to do with Lucan's disappearance. I guess we'll see for sure one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, although it's sad seeing the two together before the marriage and knowing that soon Marcus won't have Ellie anymore, like you said, the marriage was needed despite the sacrifice and regrets.

      I like to call Viv the "wild card", nobody knows what she's up to until the very end.

      Thanks for reading! Chapter 3.5 will be up in a little^_^

      Delete
  5. Little background info is nice. Soooo in the beginning it was Marcus, not Lucan who was after Ellie. In last chapter Vivian had said to Marcus maybe Helen didn't lose a father, is maybe Marcus the father? Guess I'll have to wait and see=)....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for not getting back to you sooner! There will DEFINITELY be a lot of twists and turns in the upcoming chapters! Thanks for reading!

      Delete